Anyone who wants to gauge the climate of the IT market needs the right key figures.
We have the GECO Index®.
Knowledge grows when it is shared – and we share it with you. The GECO Index is a business indicator for the German IT sector for freelance employees, which analyses market trends in a structured form. The result is calculated and published quarterly. The index compares the individual quarters of the current fiscal year with the comparable periods of the two previous years. This quarterly market trend comparison enables you to draw conclusions concerning the current market trends in the IT freelance market.
This enables you to understand the market and the opportunities that it can offer you.
Indicators and benefits
The indicator is composed of five values: Consultant hourly rates, technician hourly rates, project run times, project index (states the ratio of project requests to realised projects) and project requests
The values from the previous quarter serve as the actual value for the evaluation. The index is published continually and always retrospectively for the last quarter. Through indicators in the GECO index - for example, project requests - in the past, we have been able to recognise key IT priorities early on and have thus created resource pools of the required IT experts on time. Because knowing what's going on means knowing what needs to be done.
All documents published since 2011, 1st quarter are listed here below. Please notice, that the GECO Index is only available in german language.
- GECO Index 2014, 3. Quartal: "GECO Index: Sommerpause beendet die Seitwärtsbewegung"
- GECO Index 2014, 2. Quartal: "GECO Index: Pause am Freiberufler Markt"
- GECO Index 2014, 1. Quartal: "GECO Index startet zum Jahresauftakt 2014 verhalten"
- GECO Index 2013, 4. Quartal: "GECO Index erreicht zum Jahresausgang das Vorjahresniveau“"
- GECO Index 2013, 3. Quartal: "GECO Index, positive Herbst-Tendenz durch steigenden Projektindex"
- GECO Index 2013, 2. Quartal: "GECO Index startet wieder durch"
- GECO Index 2013, 1. Quartal: "GECO Index geht die Luft aus"
- GECO Index 2012, 4. Quartal: "GECO Index verabschiedet sich zum Jahresende mit einem deutlichen Anstieg"
- GECO Index 2012, 3. Quartal: "Fachkräftemangel verhindert steigenden Index im 3. Quartal"
- GECO Index 2012, 2. Quartal: "Deutlicher Rückgang im 2. Quartal"
- GECO Index 2012, 1. Quartal: "Freiberuflerhonorare steigen weiter"